A arm bushes

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A arm bushes
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 20:15:00 EDT
<<When I ordered a set of bushings, I got the
straight rubber ones, not knowing there was a better set. They lasted less
than 2000 miles.  The next time, the supplier said he wouldn't even sell
the plain ones anymore.  I can see why - for another $10, the V8 bushing
would have saved a lot of work.>>

First, let me preface my comments by saying that I like the V8 spec bushes,
although I run Delrin in my race cars.
I simply wanted to point out that any original style rubber bush that wears
out in 2000 miles is, possible material defects aside, more a testament to the
installer's ignorance than the suitability of the part itself.
I have seen many bushes ruined by people that tighten the A arm nut up while
the car is in the air, so that when it is lowered to the ground, the bush
already has a significant twist to it, ensuring early failure. The final
tightening _must_ be done at ride height!

Bill S.