Noisy tappet

To: MG Nuts <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Noisy tappet
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 18:15:28 -0700
Hullo again,

I adjusted the valves last weekend, and now I can hear one of the tappets
distinctly louder than the others (clatterclatter).  I don't like odd sounds
so I suppose I'll be pulling off the valve cover and double checking my work.
I set them cold to 0.015" using the rule of 9, and tightened everything up
well. Several of the tappets were quite tight (this was the first time
I have adjusted this car).

Any thoughts on why I'm hearing this sound now?  The car is running like
a top otherwise.  I will also pull the plugs to look for signs...

A bit worried,
Skye

--
1966 MGB               GHN3L-70307                __,__\__
The MGB Experience     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)