Re: Engine placement

To: Mike Gigante <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Subject: Re: Engine placement
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 09:37:04 -0700
Mike Gigante wrote:

> FYI, here in Australia, 2 of the top three selling new cars are RWD
> family sedans. Both Ford and Holden have just released completely
> new models this year indicating this trend is expected to continue
> for quite some time. Note that these are overall sales, not just for
> family sedans!
>
> Of course in the small car class, FWD dominates.

snip-snip-snip...

I drove a new car yesterday, a red FWD jelly-blob with a Vauxhall badge
on the front. It is really a Opel with a badge stuck on the bonnet. To
my great surprise, it only had THREE CYLINDERS, with 4 valves each. On
the boot was the name, CORSA. It did not pull very well, and the
steering was awful, reminding me of the Morris Marina.....you turned the
wheel but nothing happend till you pulled really hard on it.

I suppose they can make an extra engine after every three, with the
fourth cylinder.........

Neil.