Re: Metal Dash Originality Quiz

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Subject: Re: Metal Dash Originality Quiz
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 11:41:06 -0700 (PDT)
At 04:03 PM 9/27/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Ross MacPherson wrote:
>>
>> ...  The
>> indicator buttons above the heater control knobs, what colour are they?  Are
>> they supposed to be the same finish as the dash or are they painted white?
>
>I think Clausager shows them as natural i.e. shiny tin.
>
>PaulH.

Thanks Paul,

I received a one word response from someone whose name I forget.  Chrome.  I
just don't know about that.  Yesterday I was downtown buying a new steering
box for the TC and thought "what the hell...." and bought my own copy of
Clausager.  Spent the rest of the day drooling and making plans.  I noted
the photos that show these buttons and I think you're right.  I scanned the
text looking for a reference but didn't notice anything.

Since it'll be a while before the dash goes in I've got the time to polish
them up au naturel and have a look.  If they don't look right I'll just put
them aside to be plated next time I have some stuff to take it.

Thanks for your input.
Ross   MacPherson
TC 3528
Surrey, BC, Canada