Re: TD Clutch Slipping

To: "Mark Sherman" <MARKSHERMAN@worldnet.att.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TD Clutch Slipping
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 19:25:37 -0700
Mark.........

Sounds as though you got oil on the disc. Fear not, changing a clutch in a
TD is simple............

Remove the seats and transmission tunnel, disconnect the driveshaft from the
rear gearbox flange, undo the rear motor mount. Place a jack under the rear
of the oil pan (protecting the latter with a piece of plywood) to support
its weight. Undo the bolts that hold the gearbox to the engine. Remove the
clutch assembly from the flywheel. Clean up any oil film you see, fit a new
clutch (you'll need a pilot tool to center the disc) then, as they say in
the manuals, reassembly is the reverse of the above procedure.

If this seems like a lot of work, pity the B and Midget owners who have to
remove the engine to do a clutch change! I've done a TD in three hours,
never bettered five for a B..........

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center