"Crack of Doom"

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: "Crack of Doom"
From: Fred Cheney <FCheney@kinneyassoc.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:07:12 -0400
I am the new owner of a 1972 "B".  In reading the various catalogs I
have come across reference to cracks in the doors being called the
"crack of doom".  My car exhibits cracks as described.  My question is:
can these cracks be repaired or must I replace the door skins.
Secondly, if they can be repaired where can I find detailed repair
guidelines?

My second question is in regards to under-hood colors.  Are the inner
fender wells to be painted in body color?  Mine are a strange yellow
that looks like a primer.  Lastly, what color are the air intakes meant
to be?  Mine are yellow but I have seen photos showing them black.

Fred Cheney
'72 MGB