Re: True or False

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: True or False
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 20:25:50 -0400 (EDT)
>recently, i posted a note saying i needed a running, dependable MGB to
>commute. on eof the returned letter said that it wasn't a very dependable car
>for commuting. i've always thought it was if it was in good condition. is it
>true?
>
>eddie k.
>
>need an MG ..

Eddie,

Some people have found them to be quite reliable, others have found them
not to be so good. If you're mechanically inclined and "in tune" with what
a car is doing it probably isn't so bad.

I will say this though: Especially if you live in an area where there's
snow on the roads in the winter, somebody who just got his driver's license
should not be driving an MGB on a daily basis, because rear drives,
especially lighter ones, can be very unforgiving in bad weather. For what
it's worth, that's from someone who grew up driving rear-drive cars in
Maine, and has been off the road a coupla-three times before he learned a
little.  MGs also tend not to start as readily (doesn't mean that they
WON'T, but...) in cold weather.

Also, you never mentioned where you are...and if it's true that price is no
object, oh boy have I got a car for you...

Also, you aren't likely to find a post-'75 MGB with wire wheels.

Nevin