Re: Colour: go original or different?

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Colour: go original or different?
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 18:36:48 -0500
I must say I agree with Nory on this one - it's YOUR car. Mine is Blaze Red,
which is really orange, thus the moniker "Punkin" given by my spouse.
BUT -- I wasn't fond of the color at first, but then I realized that this
particular orange-red color doesn't exist on many other cars on the road
(only thing I've seen that comes close are some nice 60's Chevy's), so it's
a keeper for me. I like the uniqueness. Some of the B-L colors were
absolutely hideous, but some are so unique and properly "circa 60's/70's"
that it's hard for me to justify a more conformist BRG, red or modern color.
I guess my point is that if you don't think it will ever grow on you, then
by all means change it. IMHO, some of those colors are just too different to
kill, and you'll never be confused with a Miata by the "unwashed masses"! :)
Dan
73 BLAZE B

Compromise - pick a color that was original in your year.  I'm sure
you'll find one you like (why my formerly yucky yellow Midget is now
Teal Blue).

-NORY