@#$% Caliper

To: MG Listserver <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: @#$% Caliper
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:01:55 -0700
Skye,

I tried one of these a few years back, went through a number of rebuild
kits ruining the dust rings...A kindly neighbor heard the cussing from
across the street, and offered to make me a seal driving tool.  It is
basically a short length of appropriatel diameter steel tube--don't ask me
where he got it--with a piece of plate tackwelded to one end.  It allowed
even seating of the ring.  I believe I used a  small C-clamp to seat
it--had to grind down part of the clamp to get it in beween the halves of
the caliper .

Chris Attias
'64 MGB