new speedometer for MGB?

Subject: new speedometer for MGB?
From: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 98 20:34:16 -0700
My speedometer is now behaving so erractically -- swinging as much as 30
mph up or down and reading at 10-20 mph off the mark when it's not --
that I'm beginning to believe the fault may lie in the unit itself. Since
the one I have is a Jaeger (wrong for my year) if I have to replace it,
I'd like to get a Smith's. Any ideas of where I can buy a new or
reconditioned Smith's speedometer? No price is listed in the Moss
catalog, so I assume they don't carry them.  Thanks in advance.

Joseph
67 MGB Roadster

P.S. To help me out until I either fix or replace this speedo, about how
many RPMs does the tach read at 55mph? 45mph? (In 4th gear with a
3-synchro, non-overdrive tranny.) Thanks again.