Re: new speedometer for MGB?

To: jmc987@earthlink.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: new speedometer for MGB?
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 00:07:41 EDT
I "think" the Jaegar gauges are considerbly more rare than the Smiths versions
(i.e $35 vs maybe closer to $60?) but are other wise identical...  Meaning...
if you call up Nisonger Gauge at 914 381 1952 they might have no problem using
your Jaegar gauge as a core and they will send you the correct gauge.
Typically rebuilding a speedo is $100 from Nisonger.  (Seems for them to do
anything it's a $100.)  Nisonger will also send you a Smiths speedo, sold
outright, meaning you don't send you gauge to them.  It would be $100+ cost of
a speedo.  Realize in this event that your current speedo might be a part
someone  needs and I've always thought it to be unfair for someone to jsut
leave on a shelf on thier garage a part that it could be in someone's car.
These guys are certainly your best bet aside from Speedograph Richfield in
England or perhaps finding a new gauge from someone like Holden Vintage Auto.
Nisonger would be the first place I look though.

   John