Re: New owner and don't know where to start (running rough)

To: "Tom Emmons" <tom@emmons.com>, "'MGB'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: New owner and don't know where to start (running rough)
From: "Jim Carney" <carney_fam_ark@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 18:50:57 -0500
Tom,
Start by determining how much compression you have in each cylinder.
When you check the compression, note the condition of each plug. Is it wet &
oily, dry & grey, black & sooty...whatever.

Check to see if all 4 cylinders are firing. You can do this by removing each
plug wire one at a time with the engine running. See if it makes any
difference to how the engine is running when you do this.

Post another note when you get this far.
Congradulations on the start of a great adventure!
Jim