Mineral Blue vs. Teal BlueRe:

Subject: Mineral Blue vs. Teal BlueRe:
From: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 98 18:34:52 -0700
On Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:36:11 -0500, "Barnhart, Christopher"
<BarnhartC@ioc.army.mil> wrote:

>Just about to buy paint for the '69 B.   As posted before I can't find
>Mineral Blue anymore.
<SNIP>

Chris,
My 67 B is mineral blue. I've ordered touch up from Tower Paint
(800-779-6520) that's pretty close to my 8-year-old paint job. And when I
had to have a door repainted last summer due to an attempted theft, I
went to a local shop and they put a scope on my car and came up with a
amazingly close match. I have a few suggestions if you want to get the
car mineral blue:
1) Call Tower paint and order a bottle of touch up or ca of spray. Then
make a sample panel for your paint shop to match.
2) What the heck, order the paint from Tower.
3) I could look through my records and give you the formula the local
shop came up with for my car. It's for Chroma One acrylic urethane (Which
is all I could get in the S.F. Bay area.) I know it's a match for an
8-year-old mineral blue, but I think it'll get you closer to where you
want to be than Teal will.

Let me know if you want the formula.  Good Luck.

Joseph
67 B Roadster