RE: OFF TOPIC - Photographic Copyright on the WWW

To: "'MGB'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: OFF TOPIC - Photographic Copyright on the WWW
From: Tom Emmons <tom@emmons.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 22:49:24 -0500
If the picture is yours they must have permission.  Unfortunately this =
is a tough one to win.  It would cost you more then is worth to fight.  =
Most webmaster will take a kind message and remove the image.  Those who =
don't shouldn't be doing pages.  There will always be those to push the =
envelope.  Putting your E-mail address with the picture is good but the =
best way is to put your name, and or E-mail along with copyright on the =
picture its self.  I know this may ruin the look and some one with a =
paint program could take it back out, but you have to protect whats =
yours.  Laws governing the web are so mixed up.  If the webmaster =
doesn't return your mail you can track the owner of the site at the who =
where directory internic.  There will be address and phone numbers to =
call. =20