Re: Car storage

To: Stephen Hicks <SHicks@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Subject: Re: Car storage
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 19:57:14 +0000
Stephen Hicks wrote:

> Good-day,
> I have recently put my 65 MGB away for winter storage. I was thinking about
> jacking the car up off the floor and letting the suspension hang for the 6
> months. ( oct. to april). My question, how will this affect the lever
> shocks, or will it?
>
> Steve Hicks
> Newfoundland Canada

If you leave it on its tyres you should rotate them 1/4 turn every
couple of weeks or they will go out of round.  To avoid having to do
that put blocks/axle stands under the front spring pans as near to the
tyres as you can, and under the rear axle or spring hangers, paying due
regard to stability.

PaulH.