Re: Magnetic Pickup Source?

To: Richard.C.Guynn@mcdermott.com
Subject: Re: Magnetic Pickup Source?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 02:00:20 -0500
Richard.C.Guynn@mcdermott.com wrote:
>      On a related note.  If I have to go with a new system, will the
>      aftermarket units work with a distributor already rigged for
>      electronic ignition?

  Yes, but the pickup wheels are different.

  If you are buying new, just buy the one for the
"late" distributor, I think it's Moss part number
225-425 but there are cheaper places than Moss.

  The only difference is the way the pickup
rotor wheel locks onto the shaft. The one you
has four locking tabs around the bottom of
the circle, looks like a chess rook upside
down a bit.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca