Re: was ceramic coatings

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: was ceramic coatings
From: john.kahoon@juno.com (John c Kahoon)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 06:08:09 -0500
Ideal would be some sory of White high temp coating INSIDE the header.
This would cut down on the heat getting to the steel and engine bay.
The reduced header temp would reduce the thermal cycling and make the
header
last longer, and the fringe benfit would be lower engine bay temps.
Wrapping the header would trap the heat in the header.
Stainless is the best choice for dealing with the thermal cycles.
So , white high temp coating inside a stainless header with a, Black high
temp.
coating on the outside would give you the best possible senerio.

john.kahoon@juno.com
71 midget