Re: was ceramic coatings

To: "ENRIQUE CLAURE" <span@datacom-bo.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: was ceramic coatings
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 09:22:27 -0800
The header wrap is very effective (more effective than the coatings) at
reducing engine bay temps.

However, if you have mild steel header they'll be rusted out very quickly.

The higher operating temp (of the headers) also appears to cause cracking
of welds/joints.

I think that the header wrap would be fine if you have the coatings - the
coating will prevent the corrosion problem. Not sure about the cracking
problem.

Mike