dead MGB...

Subject: dead MGB...
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:52:25 -0600
Well,  I sent email the other day about how my MGB had died. At that time I
speculated that a wire had broken or something because the car was
electrically dead. Well, I went to go look at fixing it and it ran fine. So,
I drove it to work this morning, started fine, drove it to work with no
incident. I went out to go get lunch and it did the same thing, started to
crank, starter engaged, started to turn and then dead. As I was sitting
there, I thought that maybe the starter solenoid was causing the problem. I
got the lug wrench out of the trunk and wrapped the solenoid and it did the
same thing, but didn't start. I now think that it's the solenoid that's bad,
unfortuneatley, that doesn't do me a bit of good as far as getting the car
started.

Any other ideas. I guess I start with replacing the solenoid.

The really unfortuneate part is that I'm in a down hill parking space, so I
can't even bump start the car....

Hmm.... Hopefully it'll decide to start when I'm ready to go home and I can
get it home....

-----
John Steczkowski
Director of Software Engineering