SU Nomenclature.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SU Nomenclature.
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:58:57 EST
<<Whats the 'S' stand for then?  Or the 'H' for that matter?
10 points for the correct answer (not that I would know a correct answer
from a wild ass guess)
Skye>>

Actually, although our friends at Skinners Union must have had some reason for
picking the series numbers, H, HS, HD, etc. I have never seen any evidence of
what it might have been (other than the numeric part which is of course, the
size, in 1/8" increments above 1").
There were also several different pre-war series with other designations, as
well as the post-war DU6 carbs( I played around with these  for a bit.)

Bill S.