Re: Convertible MG Magnette Pic

To: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Subject: Re: Convertible MG Magnette Pic
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 00:43:19 -0500
Kevin Sullivan wrote:

> Thanks for the pic.  Very interesting and hard to see.  Is the car in the
> UK?

  It is UK licensed and RHD, or so the image shows.

> got an extra one just taking up space in the driveway that might like to
> be a ragtop.

  Making a ragtop should not be difficult. The structure
is very very strong, you might not even need bracing.

  Making a top to fit will be of course the main struggle,
but if I were doing the project I would be happy with
even a rough fitting top. You would only need enough top
so that you can still take the car out on days that MIGHT
rain, so you can get around. I don't see ever taking it out
for any trips that actually require the top even as
you leave the house.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca