MGB Bumper conversion...

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGB Bumper conversion...
From: C David Lynes <cdlynes@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 15:00:44 -0500
I was looking over the following website again for the 5th time

http://www.club29.demon.co.uk/

for those familiar with the webring, this is the site describing the
conversion of a rubber bumper conversion to chrome, including lowering
the suspension to match earlier versions.

I am beginning a major refurbishing/rebuild project with my 78 'B,
including engine, OD transmission, interior and body.  (Engine is
nearing completion as now)

Would someone please talk me out of getting my grinder and hacksaw
out... I am seriously considering changing this faded yellow (primrose I

think) to BRG and converting the bumpers to chrome, puting in a nice
grill... along with the attendant body changes... I am not a purist. I
bought the car for less than $100. It needs door skins, and some minor
straightening around the side turn signals, front and rear on both
sides...

The rubber bumpers are in rough shape.  Will have to be replaced anyway.

Why not just convert it? I like the looks of the lower chrome bumpered
roadsters.

Any comments before I reach the point of no return?

David Lynes, Woodstock, Ga
73 Midget
78 MGB, ready for a facelift

Please excuse me if this message was sent twice... My computer wants to
send everything HTML...