Re: MGB (My G Baby)

To: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB (My G Baby)
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 14:40:23 -0800
Word on the street is that H4aardvrk@aol.com said:
>      Thanks for the vendification on GT years of manufacture..I was not aware
> that the rest of the world was getting these great cars after 1974..We MG
> owners have missed a few years of great highway crusing by not having the GT
> available to us from 1975 to 1980.

I believe the BL line was that the North American emissions testing process
was based on weight, and since the GT was heavier than the roadster, it
didn't pass emissions and they didn't want to put the effort into getting
it to pass.

The push to get the TR7 (then only available in GT/coupe form, I believe)
into the North American market at that time can hardly be considered a
coincidence, however :)

Skye

--
1966 MGB               GHN3L-70307                __,__\__      Finger for
The MGB Experience     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     PGP key