Re: MGB (My G Baby)

To: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: MGB (My G Baby)
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:45:08 -0700 (MST)
On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, Rick Brown wrote:

> Dawson II James L MSgt 27LGC/LGCV wrote:
>
> > I'm a proud owner of a '79 "T" reg MG BGT.  I'm in the Air Force
> > stationed at Cannon AFB, in Clovis New Mexico.  Situation is my "baby"
> > had been under raps for three years in Montana awaiting my return from
> > a overseas tour.  Upon return (Sep 98) I drove from Great Falls to
> > Clovis quite a haul,  she made it OK but is mad as ^&% at me for
> > putting her through that shock.  Slowly I'm being reminded of past and
> > current difficulties to include:
> >
> > No heat, beginning with no heat switch
> > I'm losing fuel - not sure from where
> > Brakes are pulling incresingly to the right when I apply brakes
> > When I shift into 3rd (I have the button on the gear shift for
> > overdrive) occasionally the gear slips out
> >
> > Those are the main areas of concern and the fact that I've not located
> > a source for parts or repairs can you provide any
> > recommendations/sources?
>
> I dont know of any shops in NM but there are several in AZ:
>
> Taos Garage in Albequerque 505 836 4141

Hey, Rick, Albuquerque is in New Mexico!  Over 200 miles from Clovis, but
out here that's not too far.  Don and Carol at Taos Garage are good people
who specialize in MGBs.  You can also mail order parts.

James, you can email me for more info.  I got good friends (who are also
in the Air Force) with a 67 GT who would love to see your 79.  We may be
able to find a closer shop for you.

Kevin Sullivan             kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.       www.khoral.com/staff/kevins/mgstuff
Albuquerque NM USA