New O/D question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New O/D question
From: martens@auditor.sk.ca
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:05:39 -0600
While the previous o/d thread was interesting, I have another point to
discuss.  The o/d in my 73 MGB disengages when I step strongly on the
accelerator - kind of like "passing gear" which I assume is normal, then it
re-engages when I level out.  However, I find it annoying when it
disengages when traveling up any sort of grade.  Also,  when driving into
on-coming wind, it is difficult to keep at constant speed (eg 60 mph) in
o/d.

What is the experience of others?  Is my o/d working as it should?

Andrew Martens
73B