Late report from Doylestown

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Late report from Doylestown
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 23:41:48 -0500
I went to Doylestown several weeks ago, and I figure a trip report
is in order.  Better late than never.  Anyway I did not intend to
go that Sunday, but a friend was suppose to come over an help me
get a tree for my front yard. He could not make it so I took the Midget
to get the tree.  Fit nicely on the front seat, but I digress.

After I planted the tree my wife decided that she wanted to get
breakfast.  So we drove to a place in Stockon NJ (Meils if you care)
to get breakfast.  It was getting late but since it was such a nice day
we decided to go to Doylestown.  Doylestown is only about 10 miles
past Stockon, so off we went.  Since I  did not plan to go to Doylestown
I did not have the directions.  In typical guy fashion I figured how
hard could it be to find.  Drive into Doylestown look around and follow
the signs, right. Wrong.  On the way Doylestown we got stuck in
the large traffic jam at Peddler Village (a bunch of shops filled with
junk no one really wants).  After clearing that we got to downtown
Doylestown.  I was surprised, it is a really nice place.  But I could not
find the MGs.  After a few (ok 20 mins.) of driving around I stopped at
the local gas station to ask where the show was located.  The two gas
station guys, Bevis and Butthead had no idea where the show was.  They
did give me directions to Mercer Museum.  But there was no show there.
It was getting late ~3:00 and I gave up and start back to NJ.  As
I was leaving Doylestown, I knew I getting closer by the number of
MGs I was passing on the road.  I finally found the show and my wife
and I were treated to the last few cars leaving the show.  Not a complete
loss, it was a nice day to be out.

The museums where the show was at had some fantastic architecture, along
with the Mercer museum.  I think I will have to get back there this spring
and check out the area.  It was very nice, and I will admit that I was
surprised.

Anyway Later,

Bill Gilroy - One of the great Irish explorers :-)
77 Midget
wmgilroy@lucent.com