RE: oil pan plan wanted

To: "'gofastmg@juno.com'" <gofastmg@juno.com>
Subject: RE: oil pan plan wanted
From: "Unger, Larry G" <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 23:05:46 -0500
>>> ...[snip].. I just saw in a cataloge/flyer/magazine (I
>>> forget >which) that recently found it's way to me, a
>>> baffled alloy sump being offerded by some supplier.
>>> ...[snip]...
>>
>> Cool ... love to hear more 'bout it.
>
> I dug the reference out of the "in" pile at work.  The ad
> I saw was in the current issue of Safety Fast, in an
> advertisement from Cambridge Motorsport Ltd. in the UK.
> It is availible in either aluminium or magnesium for the
> 5 main bearing engines, ...

Only 5-mains eh? ... bummer.

> ... the alloy version is listed at 188 pounds sterling and
> the mag unit is 282 pounds.

... ouch ... alloy $300 US ... mag $450 US

> The "blurb" says it improves heat dissapation and adds
> strength to the block which makes sense if it is well
> designed. Maybe one of our British cousins could enlighten
> us about Cambridge Motorsport. ... [snip]

Welllll ... I do have one of their older catalogs ... it
doesn't list the MGB cast sumps, but does have pics of the
TR6 cast sumps ... nice looking bits.   They list some
nice bits (Integrated Co-Axial Clutch Release Mechanism)
... unfortunately, the are a bit beyond my financial means.

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII