Re: MGB Seat Belt Recall

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB Seat Belt Recall
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:48:12 -0500
Nory wrote:

> Rick wrote:
>
> >It took me about 6 months from the time
> >I called and asked for the belts for my 74 >Midget (which is now
> residing with a new >owner). The Belts arrived by post from
> >England with postage, if I remember
> >right, of almost £10!
> >Never did install them in the Midget but
> >they are now installed in my 74 MGBGT.
> This is the first I've heard of the seat belt recall applying to
> Midgets.  I thought it was only MGBs.  Can someone point me in the
> direction of further info on what models/years are involved, and how to
> get the new belts?
>
> -NORY
>
> Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
> ONLY problem.
>
>  '71 5-speed Midget (my new baby)
>  '74 Midget & '71 parts car
>  '94 Ford Ranger
>  '86 Ford Escort
>  '89 Ford Probe
>  '96 North American Shepherd
>  '94 Tigger Cat/Wheel Chock
>  '98 White Cat/Wheel Chock #2 (Lucy Fur)
>
> Car pages and other stuff:
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9101
>
> Home Improvement Homepage:
> http://www.angelfire.com/ny/nory
>
> NEW Legal / Law Enforcement Page:
> http://members.tripod.com/~nory

Nory

Im not sure of the years for the recall but if you call the number
and check the web page that someone else posted today i'm sure
you will find the info you are looking for.

Midgets were definately included in the recall. One thing so as not
to confuse anyone - my original post said that I got the belts for
my 74 Midget  - that should have read 78 midget.

Rick