Re: Choke handle - '74 B

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Subject: Re: Choke handle - '74 B
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 21:51:47 EST
On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 20:34:49 +0000 Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
writes:
>Kulka, Matt wrote:
>>
>> Here's a question for you originality experts.
>>
>> I ordered a new choke cable for my '74 B.  The knob in the car now
>is a very
>> cool looking T-handle.  The replacement cable has a round knob with
>the
>> international choke symbol - looks like a four blade fan.  Would any
>of you
>> who are in the know mind taking a minute to tell me which is
>original for
>> this car?
>
>Clausager says that the T-handle came in with the RB cars.
>
>PaulH.

Not in the U.S. - the T handle came in in 69 - the round one with the fan
on it is a UK model i think (trying to remember my 71/74 GTs from 25
years ago!)
Early cars in the U.S. had a round knob with a C on it........temptation
to be vulgar here....phew, it passed!

mike robson
69 roadster (T)
70 BGT (T)
53 Riley (round brown bakelite with a C)