RE: Babe Magnets

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Babe Magnets
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 08:38:25 -0500
Personally, I think there's something about British cars (MG roadsters in
particular) that does something to American women.  Some data points:

My Dad owned a '47 TC.  I got more dates in High School as a result of that
car than anything else, and I never even drove it!  But girls would see
that car (usually when Dad & I were outside tinkering with it), and get all
interested.

I have been propositioned in all manner of ways as a result of my '77
Midget.  I have been flirted with, even though my wife was in the car with
me at the time!

(If I've already told this story, stop me...)  I live in Central Ohio, land
of 4 wheel drive pickup trucks with hugely oversized "gumbo mudder" tires.
 I was parked next to one of these behemoths one fine Saturday afternoon.
 As I came out of the store, I encountered the owner of said behemoth,
along with his wife/girlfriend/?.  He was a fairly big guy, but not
notable.  She, however, was notable.  Sweet face, a crown of red curls,
nice figure and shorts so short they were hardly worth wearing, but I
digress.

I heard the following conversation (quoted as accurately as I am able):

HE: Lookka here, Darlin (Darla?).  What kinda man would drive a silly li'l
thang like that?

SHE: Shut up Billy!  I think it's cute!

I just tipped my hat to the lady, got in, started the car (with the
appropriate blatt-crackle, and yes a 1500 can make that noise if it's tuned
properly) and drove off.  Glancing in the rear view mirror, I could see
Billy standing there wondering what had just happened, while Darlin'/Darla
was standing on her toes waving good-bye.

I was wondering, do women driving MGs experience the same sort of thing?

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net