Re: Babe Magnets

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Babe Magnets
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 08:45:02 EST
>Denise Thorpe wrote:

>Men assume that a woman is helpless when it comes to cars so the MG must be a
>money pit and the woman must be a charity case.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Get your Nomex suit ready Denise!  I find a woman who is knowledgeable and
interested when it comes to cars (or computers, or any of the sciences, or a
bundle of other things) very attractive.  You are making a very sexist remark
by saying that "Men assume that a woman is helpless..." and not qualifying it
with the word "Some" in front.  (Or even "Most.")  A helpless woman should be
driving a Japanese jelly bean, not an MG.

The car is only part of the mate attraction process.  I can't believe that
anyone could be so attracted to the car that they would overlook all the other
sexual signals of the person driving it.  Unless there is a mutual interest in
cars (or LBCs) a relationship begun as a pickup just because the car is cute,
probably won't last.

I just picked up my '77 Midget and it's not on the road yet. So I'll do some
field testing in the spring.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (Not your average jelly bean.)