Re: Roller rockers...worth the $$$?

To: BDurgin1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Roller rockers...worth the $$$?
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 04:32:38
At 07:18 PM 11/22/98 EST, BDurgin1@aol.com wrote:
>I've decided to buy an alumininum head (not cross-flow) with the new valves
>etc for my 64 B with a 3 main engine. .... I've been looking at the roller
assemblies .... was wondering if they are indeed worth the BIG $$$?  I'm
trying to squeeze more  HP out of the engine .... by "bolting" on stuff
like K&N's, modified head, etc.

I wouldn't spend $$$$ just because they're roller rockers, but, most roller
rockers also have a different ratio of arm length and increase the valve
lift significantly for better flow without changing the valve timing.  This
is one way to get more torque out of it without screwing up the other
running characteristics like it may do with a more radical cam.

$.02,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude