Re: SU's vs Webers when converting a rubbernose

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: SU's vs Webers when converting a rubbernose
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 15:31:15 -0500
At 03:10 PM 11/24/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>Neil Cotty wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've read quite a bit lately on SU's, Webers etc and I'm not sure why there
>> are so many people out there with rubbernose cars converting to a Weber
when
>> they could convert to SU's.
>
>I think another issue is cost.  I person can score a Weber and manifold
>for about $400-$450 while a new set of SU's is about $600.  This is from
>memory so don't beat me up.  If you are buying new the Weber is cheaper.
>If you are cruising bone yards the SU's should be cheaper.  IMHO.  Of
>course I am no expert, see my other posting if you doubt it :-)

Agreed...I bought a used but clean SU for $300 for my '76B which also
included gasket kits,
some of the accessories for mounting but no air filters which will be
another $80 or so.
Bill
Dr. Bill Saidel
Assoc. Prof.                      Vocal phone   (609) 225-6336
Department of Biology             FAX  (609) 225-6312
Science Building                  email:  saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
315 Penn St.
Camden, NJ 08102 -1411
http://crab.rutgers.edu/~saidel/saidel.html