Re: I'm back, oh the stories!

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: I'm back, oh the stories!
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 07:48:48 -0500
On 11/27/98 7:16 PM so and so (Dan Ray) said. (And I quote:)

>Congratulations on your license - this ritual is for many young male
>Americans a true "coming of age".
>Lucky you...my first driving test was in my parents' '79 Chevy Impala...try
>parallel parking in one of THOSE and come talk to me! ;)
>This past summer I drove my '96 2 door Tahoe to my sister's house in
>Germantown, Philadelphia...and had to parallel park it in the city...ugh. I
>obviously wasn't worried about the truck, but it could wreak havoc on the
>little cars in incompetent hands. I can't believe there are cityfolk that
>actually drive monster SUVs like mine in the city on a daily basis. I'd have
>to sell the truck and rely on my B, but I don't intend on living in any
>urban area EVER. Cities are for short visits only, in my book.
>Dan
>73 B
Dan - that's why I ride the train to and from downtown Phily. I save the
MG for the Weekend cruises. (And to and from the train station). This
weekend it's getting an oil change, a bath and a fresh coat of wax. I
tried to feed it some turkey, but there was no response ;-)

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?