Re: 25D4 vs 45D4

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: Re: 25D4 vs 45D4
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 13:25:35 -0800
Hi Kelvin,

       The distributor is a 25D4, Model 41220.  Vacuum is being taken off of the
rear HS4 at a small tube inseted into a hole in the carburetor just in front of
the mounting flange, so I guess it's ported vacuum.  A big problem is that the
moveable plate in the 25D4 is badly worn at the the central hole where it
rotates about the center shaft.  The effect is to cause very erratic ignition.
I suspect that it's causing an intermittent path to ground for the coil
primary.  Do you know of a source of decent 25D4's ?  Thanks.

Bud Krueger