RE: More on my '77 Midget

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: RE: More on my '77 Midget
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 08:13:23 -0800
Allen:

        Oops!  The bondo was put there by the factory.  The TR6 and
Spit/Mid engines had the gunk smeared on the timing cover to damp chain
noise.  One big dollop in the middle changed the resonance of the tin
cover and quieted down the front end noise.
        Don't worry, it does not affect performance and I don't think
that concours judges will be looking for it.

Kelvin.