RE: Sump, Head etc.

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: RE: Sump, Head etc.
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 08:17:52 -0800
Neil:
        I have not done this on an early B.  But I think that you can
lift the engine up far enough with a jack under the pan (suitably
protected, spread load).  Lift the engine off the mounts just enough to
get access to the front bolts.  Set the engine back down with wood
spacers on the engine mounts.  3/4" spacers should give enough clearance
to slide the pan out.  The rubber bumper cars have just enough clearance
to slide the pan out with out lifting the motor.

good luck.

Kelvin.