RE: transmission trouble, gears grinding - 80 MGB

To: "JChumley3@aol.com" <JChumley3@aol.com>, "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@cwix.com>,
Subject: RE: transmission trouble, gears grinding - 80 MGB
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 12:10:30 -0700
On Wed, 02 Dec 1998 11:32:32 -0700, Larry Hoy wrote:

>> Clutch fluid is topped off, and there don't appear to be any leaks anywhere
>in
>> the hydraulics.  I did replace the slave cylinder a few months back, though,
>> and I suppose it is poosible that I did not bleed the system properly.
>>
>> and I suppose it is poosible [sic] that I did not bleed the system properly.
>

>I think you answered your own question.

I have the same problem. I have bled mine several times however and it
cleans up for a few hours and then comes back.  If I just jump in and go I
also have the problem going through the forward gears.  If I pump it a few
times before I get going then I can get through the forward ones no
problem.  Right after the bleed the thing shifts REALLY nice; but then it
deteriorates.  I have been thinking that I need to rebuild the clutch
slave and master.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

--