Swapping MGB axles to narrow rear track

Subject: Swapping MGB axles to narrow rear track
From: Kevin Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 17:29:44 -0600
Someone wrote a few weeks ago about installing steel wheel axles in a
wire wheel axle housing to decrease rear track by one inch (to allow
installation of wider tires inside the stock rear fenders).  But I lost
the original post.  Were you talking about early (banjo) or latter (tube
type) axles, or does it make a difference.  Hopefully you were taking
about later style axles because all of the banjo axles I have are wire
wheel style.

Kevin Brown  '64 MGB  '71 MGB  '74 TR6  '76 TR6
Odessa, MO