Red Rubber Grease

To: "Mgs (E-mail)" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Red Rubber Grease
From: "Barnhart, Christopher" <BarnhartC@ioc.army.mil>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 08:04:41 -0600
Hi all,

I'm getting set to rebuild the brakes and clutch components.  I understand
it's recommended to use the red rubber grease to lube everything during
assembly.  Unfortunately, I neglected to get the grease when ordering the
rest of the rebuild components.

What are acceptable substitutes?  The local Big A has Wagner Silicone Brake
Lubricant in a small tube.  Is this an equivalent product?  It is about the
consistency of petroleum jelly and it says it's safe for all rubber parts.
Doesn't specifically say "use to pre-lube whilst rebuilding" however.

Another thought.  I saw a can of Wagner Brand brake fluid (Dot 4, I believe)
that had "Lockheed" on it in quotes.  Are they now one in the same company
or licensed to produce to the Lockheed Spec? Their web site gave no clue.
Just curious.

Chris Barnhart
'69B