Re: Moss distributors send email address

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: Moss distributors send email address
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 18:46:20 -0800
David Councill wrote:

> I would think that a list of these distributers would be good for the list
> periodically.
>
> After all, we all have to buy parts at one time or another. I usually buy
> from Moss or the Roadster Factory - but once again, I have a part on the
> TRF backorder. This can be scary - several years ago, I order some SU carb
> throttle shafts and had to wait several months. Now, I'm waiting for a SU
> fuel pump diaphragm. Its been a month. Fortunately, it wasn't a part I need
> right away.
>
> Now, I'm rambling. Back to the original topic of listing distributers. For
> those new to the list, I'm including at the end of this message, one of the
> more valuable previous posts to this list. David Deutsch sent this in and I
> think its worthy of recirculating again.
>
> Maybe we need to make a routine posting of this kind of information and add
> to the list if there are other distributers out there.
>
> David Councill
> 71 BGT
>

> >Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 17:08:12 -0500 (CDT)
> >From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
> >Subject: Intro MGs / fairly new round here? / stuff  U should Know
> >
> >This info is most useful to our North American continent list members
> >
> >Intro to MGs: Every so often I receive information requests from new
> >MGB owners. When I do I send them the following. I believe information
> >is the most important thing in keeping this hobby alive. Hope this
> >helps a little
> >. Safety Fast, David Deutsch
> >
> >Four main new parts vendors in US are :
> >
> >Moss Motors  1-800-235-6954
> >
> >Special Interest Car Parts 1-800-851-5600
> >
> >Victoria British 1-800-255-0088
> >
> >The Roadster Factory 1-800-283-3723 or e-mail to
> >TRFMAIL@internetmci.com
> >
> >Some of the smaller parts suppliers are:
> >
> >MG Bits and Spares with an order line at 1-800-643-3482
> >
> >The Poper MG 1-800-711-3368  or e-mail propermg@aol.com
> >
> >Brit-tek 1-800-255-5883 (great tech info)
> >
> >for you Sprite / Midget and Mini / Morris Minor people:
> >Mini Mania
> >31 Winsor St.
> >Milpitas, CA 95035
> >800-946-2642
> >
> >Call all these #s and request parts catalogs, in many cases mentioning
> >my name will help expedite request although sometime they will say
> >"David who?" depends on individual on the phone.
> >
> >There are a few good used parts venders for those No Longer Available
> >(NLA) items. I highly recommend:
> >
> >Jim Knight's British Racing Green in Newark, Del. 1-302-368-1117
> >
> >T S Imported Automotive, Pandora , Ohio 800-543-6648 or e-mail:
> >tedsimx@mail.bright.net
> >
> >Just Brits  Hinsdale, IL  Phone- 630-325-6113   Fax- 630-325-7650
> >E-Mail- JustBrits@aol.com
> >
> >Best of British Inc. 303-871-1929 out of Denver, Colorado "New * Used *
> >Reconditioned Parts
> >
> >There is also a place in Sandwich, MA which specializes in Austin
> [...]

I would like to mention my favorite place to get parts, they are Flying
Circus English Cars in Durham NC. Just wish they would get a toll free
number.They can be found at http://www.flyingcircuscars.com
Robert and Simon have been very helpful in restoring my Sprite, and have
a large amount of stock, even the unusually, to help reduce the out of
stock problem we run into every once in a while, in the hobby.

Mark Snowdon
69 Sprite, (adopted as a MG)
71, 73, & 79 Midgets