Re: 12/8 '77 Midget update

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: 12/8 '77 Midget update
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 20:49:49 EST
Many moons ago when I was driving a school bus for the local school
district, (the things one does in college for money!), we had a spate of
brake failures on certain Ford chassis buses.
 Seems the fault was traced to a connector line between the rear wheel
cylinders(2 on each axle). The new copper lines (FOMOCO part) were work
hardening (if that's the term I want) and cracking right at the flares.
 After experiencing two failures on the same wheel cylinders within less
than a month on my bus, the mechanic who maintianed our busses had a
steel line made instead of the OEM replacement copper. Never had another
problem. He then began retro-fitting all the Ford buses under his "care".
After reporting this to the folks upstairs, the state commission made
steel lines mandantory.
 Since then, I've avoided copper brake lines.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget