Re: 12/8 '77 Midget update

To: gofastmg@juno.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 12/8 '77 Midget update
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 21:41:53 EST
In a message dated 12/11/98 8:49:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gofastmg@juno.com writes:

<< Since then, I've avoided copper brake lines. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for the input, Rick.  I believe that copper lines are much softer than
copper/nickel alloy lines, and therefore not as desirable, despite being
corrosion resistant.  Stainless steel lines would be the best, but they are
more difficult to bend, and much more expensive.  They can be ordered pre-
bent, but I heard from a lister that his were received wrong, and he had to
re-bend several.  Lastly, I really don't want to wonder about the rust
building up on standard steel lines.

I just ordered the copper/nickel lines from George Merryweather.  I'll let the
list know if I have any problems with installation.  BTW, it will be Castrol
LMA fluid if anybody is interested.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport