Broken Exhaust Manifolds on MGBs

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Broken Exhaust Manifolds on MGBs
From: Raja Saggi <rsaggi@fcw-inc.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 09:00:09 -0800
Hi everybody!
About a month and 1000 miles ago, I took my daily driver, a 77 MGB to an =
MG expert for a routine checkup. He found the exhaust manifold broken - =
I bought a used one from him for $300 and he installed it for another =
$400.=20

Now, the manifold is broken again. I wonder if any of you have =
experienced such a problem. Is this a symptom of something else, or did =
I just get stuck with a bad used manifold ? He did check the old =
manifold before selling it to me. (This is for a single Zenith carb)

Either way, with new manifolds going for $575, and another $400 labour =
likely, Christmas and New Year are going to be quiet occasions this =
year.

Cheers