Re: Broken Exhaust Manifolds on MGBs

To: Raja Saggi <rsaggi@fcw-inc.com>
Subject: Re: Broken Exhaust Manifolds on MGBs
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 18:11:13 -0600
Hi Raja,

  Hoo boy, where do you live?  I gotta open a shop there! (G)  Where is
the manifold broken?  If it's broken at the flange where it bolts to the
head, you can have it welded up and the mating surface trued.  When they
break at the flange, something isn't flat, head or manifold.  Ask your
expert (?) if he checked that. A contributing factor can be that the
nuts 'n bolts were overtightened.

  I'd put a tube header on the thing before I'd spend that kind of dough
on a used stock manifold, unless the laws of my state wouldn't allow it.

  Good luck,

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B