Re: Broken Exhaust Manifolds on MGBs

To: "Raja Saggi" <rsaggi@fcw-inc.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Broken Exhaust Manifolds on MGBs
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 18:51:24 -0800
Raja......

You should make sure your exhaust system has the necessary support brackets
at the front to prevent too much strain being put on the manifold.

You might also look for a shop with a more reasonable labor rate. $400 to
change the manifold? Even if everything is rusted together (which yours
should not be, as it was all changed so recently) you should only expect to
pay around half that. We usually change them out in two to three hours and
our labor rate is $50 per hour........

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center