Pistons

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Pistons
From: Chris Chandler <spawn@net-link.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 14:57:23 -0700
Hello All!

I'm having the engine in my '72 B rebuilt, and I've come across a
snag...

I need to order pistons (+.020), but I'm not sure which kind!  The
engine ID plate was apparently ripped off long before I got the car, and
it never occurred to me I might need it.  (DOH!)

Is there any way to tell which engine I have without the ID plate?  It's
not even certain at all that the engine is even original to the car...

I'm going to have the machinist look at the pins and let me know if
they're press fit or floating, and I know it's a five main engine.  Are
there any other things to look for?  Length of piston?  Anything else?

Thanks a bunch!
--
Chris
'72 B Roadster (Too many pieces to count)