Pistons

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pistons
From: gbaker@customcpu.com (Baker, G.)
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 13:54:35 -0900
All,
  It's time to put the engine back together in my 56 MGA (1500).  My
combustion chambers had to be modified by taking out the tits between the
valves because
one was cracked fairly bad and now measures 43.5cc.  That's about 5 cc's
more than stock.  I want to get about9.5:1 compression (or a tad less) and
am wondering about which pistons to use. Does anyone make a flat top piston
and will it work without allowing for the valves clearances in the pistons?
Do I even need to go with
flat top pistons or would the 9:1 pistons get me close if I shave the head
a little?  I hear people talk about flat top pistons but haven't seen them
for sale anywhere.  Where might one buy some?
Thanks for the time in answering,
Gregg Baker