FW: Pistons

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FW: Pistons
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 16:44:24 -0800

Gregg:

        Seconding Bill's post.  Forged custom pistons usually run about $120
each.  Arias is another company that makes them from your old piston
pattern.  I am not aware of any production piston available in a flat top
for your application.  The word I got from David Vizzard was to use the
8.8:1 stock piston and take a little off the head to get a bit more
compression.  We both agreed that there was no real gain on street fuel
above that.  I tend to be really conservative on street B engines.  I prefer
longevity to maximum power.  Racing is another matter.  Forged custom
pistons are required in the 10:1 to 14:1 range depending on how long a fuse
you want.

Kelvin.