Slam That Door!!!

To: "mgs-digest list" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Slam That Door!!!
From: "Fred Pixley" <fpixley@kingston.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 08:09:08 -0500
I have a door seal problem.  My 71 BGT has new seals purchased by the PO
from
John Hill in the UK.  They look good and seem to be good quality but they
are too bulky.  I've set the latch plate out to its full travel and even
slotted the holes on the RH side to gain more adjustment.  It still takes a
mighty slam to close the doors and with the adjustment the edge of the door
protrudes out past the B pillar.

The new seals are tan or autumn leaf (I don't really know) and are vinyl.
They match the seats and interior perfectly but the original seals were a
velour or fuzzy cloth rather than vinyl.  The rear windows have the velour
seals. The PO disposed of the original door seals so I can't reinstall them.

A nice operating door can be a source of satisfaction but an obstinate one
can be an infuriation.

Does anyone have a set of old seals for a GT that I could try ?  Looks
aren't everything.

Fred Pixley
Napanee, Ontario, Canada